Simply put, yes all places of work do require a legionella risk assessment.


The HSE Approved Code of Practice for The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems (L8) applies to any business where water is used or stored (for example sinks, taps, showers, water tanks, toilets, hot and cold water supply) and where there is a means of creating and transmitting water droplets which may be inhaled, thereby causing a reasonably foreseeable risk of exposure to legionella bacteria.

This will include care homes, hotels, guest houses, spa's and leisure centres, dental and GP surgeries, health care premises, NHS, schools, universities, colleges and all commercial, manufacturing and distribution sites.

If you have water on site that people can be exposed to, you need to undertake a Legionella Risk Assessment and manage the risk from legionella bacteria.

OK, I'm interested what do i do next?

For more information on the services we provide, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or use the Contact Us box below.

Go to Next Question: How much does a legionella risk assessment cost?

Go to Previous: Question: How do i book a legionella risk assessment?

Contact Us
Please tick here if you would like to be added to our mailing list (News, Offers, Training, New Standards, etc.)
Send Enquiry